Lunch Lady: Say What??!


So my first time ever actually going to an Indian restaurant was just this Sunday. I went to a tiny spot called Bombay Kitchen right off the Halsey stop and it was so amazing that I have been craving Indian food ever since. Then I realized that we had just gotten a new menu from this place Bay Leaf right around the corner so I decided to try it. I had absolutely no idea what I was ordering (when I went to the restaurant in Bushwick I just got whatever my friend told me to order) so it was pretty much a shot in the dark.                                               

I went with the Lamb Pasanda and Vegetable Aloo Gori- I had to google both of these things before ordering and I have to say I did a pretty good job with my internet research because they were both insanely delicious and getting to try food that I've never had before was actually pretty fun.


My order came with a huge piece of Nan bread that I proceeded to bite two large holes into to make a mask for the amusement of my co-workers (I'd post the picture but it is actually terrifying), Basmati rice, some kind of semi-spicy green sauce, some tangy red stuff that looks like barbecue sauce but is not and a bunch of raw onions in orange sauce. I have no idea what these are called, but they're all very interesting/ tasty and I'm definitely going to ask my fellow Catbirdette and India Expert Leah what they are when I see her.

Also when I walked in to get my order the walls of the restaurant were covered in these huge bedazzled paintings of Indian couples in very suggestive positions... I loved it.

<3 Ash
Related Posts with Thumbnails