Lunch Lady: News Flash!


Uuummm... Leon's Burger Hut is open today!!! So obviously I had to move this post up the ladder because this is the best Monday of my tiny life. I have been walking past this place for years and have never ever ever seen the gates up. I've even researched it and it turns out that the sighting is rare for everyone not just the chronically unlucky. How they can afford to be so lackadaisical about their business hours is beyond me but I have never been so excited to sit in a dark mini diner getting hot boxed by the thick smoke of "French Frenchy Fries."

The walls are splattered in paint and covered in black and orange tiger stripes with lion figurines sprinkled everywhere. The woman behind the counter was very polite and must be some kind of clairvoyant because I asked for one side salad and got two orders of fries instead. High five, Abuelita- you knew just what I wanted. Who cares if it's 11:50am and I was actually just on my way to get a Soy Latte?!

So I got the "Cheeseburger Leon Super Deluxe" which is waaaay less exciting than it sounds but I mean it's $4.75 what do you expect? It's a beef patty on a sesame bun with lettuce, tomato, american cheese & a butter pickle. And it tastes like a beef patty on a sesame bun with lettuce, tomato, american cheese, a butter pickle and magic. I came very close to getting the "Sweet Baby Shoes! Soup of the Day" but to be honest it scared me a little bit and I wanted to just stick to something predictable.

This place is cheap and awesome and I am so so happy that I'm the kind of putz that pays upwards of 5 bucks for a foofy cup of coffee because if I wasn't then I never would have stumbled into one of the most amazing places I've ever been to in my entire life.

GO HERE before the gate rolls down and you're forced to light a candle and pray for them to open again!! Seriously. Also! They have Veggie Burgers so all you Little Foots* have no excuse.

<3 Ash

*Land Before Time- duh.
Related Posts with Thumbnails