retail.

I love talking retail with people. I don't want to be one of those people who only talk about their work, but retail can be like a little lesson in sociology. I love when I meet people on the other side of retail. Reps, buyers, vendors...even shoppers who like to chat. I'm interested in what everyone has to say. This week I was lucky enough to meet with two vendors in one day.



First I met with Debbie Fisher - I went to her store to place an order (she, and her store, and her jewels, are so lovely). It's always nice to chat with another small business owner who also has two kids. The balancing act and all that jazz. Plus I just like being in her store. It's so peaceful and pretty. Her jewels will be in the store soon. So far her pieces are the only exception to my avoidance of beads. So pretty.

Later the same day I met with the gracious midwesterners from Sven clogs. I've been ordering Sven boots since my first winter - four years now! - so it was nice to put a face to those accents. Lucy and Marie were just as sweet as I expected. They showed me some new colors and bases for their clogs. I think it's nice that they trekked out to the East coast to meet their clients to ask their opinions. This winter, The Boots are back in full force. If you don't have them, you don't know what you are missing. Your feet will thank you. All the other shoes you own will be mad because you will never wear anything else. For real. And we are the only store in Brooklyn that carries them with the low, bendable soul. This is the ONLY way to get them. I am placing an order for them early, mostly because I'm already tired of being sweaty and I'm ready for Fall and all it's wooliness.
Related Posts with Thumbnails