The Saucer: Five Leaves


It’s the dead of winter, I almost slipped off the M train platform on black ice this morning, and there was frost INSIDE my bedroom windows last night.


Cue: Cocktail to ease my angst. Enter: Five Leaves.


A resounding favorite of the Catbirdettes, this place boasts the best truffle fries, like, ever, and my absolute stand by -- the bruléed grapefruit (I have a penchant for any foods your grandmother might have eaten, and am a Florida girl at heart so citrus is my jam - spring break 4 evr). They’ve also currently got our Kitten Candles burning, making me feel right at home.


I think the bartender, Chris, could sense my need for a mental escape, and, at 11 am on a Tuesday served me a Southern Belle - the ice around my heart melted and I may or may not have left him my business card. I highly suggest visiting the bar yourself, but if going outside is just not an option, (no judgement!) try the recipe at home and light a Kitten Candle for full effect:


Southern Belle
2 oz. Tea infused Vodka
1 oz Lemon Juice
.75 oz Simple Syrup
5-10 mint leaves


Shake, pour over ice, top with sparkling wine.



Cheers,
Charlotte

Related Posts with Thumbnails