Designer Q&A with Joanna Lingnau


Where did you grow up? 
I grew up on Bainbridge Island, Washington, just a short ferry ride from Seattle.

What did you dream you'd be when you grew up?
Funny, my 3 year old just asked me if I wanted to be jewelry designer "when I grew up" this morning! I was always a little designer, but I dreamt of being a concert pianist. I designed Carnegie Hall performance gowns for my barbies.

Who/what is your style inspiration? 
Photos of our mothers when they were young and we were little. There must be something about the light or the film… they always looks so beautiful and chic without even trying.

What was the last great book you read?
Recently: The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson and Tiny Fey’s Bossypants. Old favorite: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

What is your favorite part of your job?
I love why people give my jewelry to one another... for engagements, weddings, motherhood, friendship, anniversaries... celebrating love and the best moments in life.

What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
Hanging out at the beach with my husband and two little girls, followed by a delicious dinner where nothing gets spilled.

80s or 90s?
90’s

John or Paul?
Charlie Watts

What do you covet at Catbird?
The Linda Rodin Face Oil and a Polly Wales ring are on my wish list.


featured in this post: Eternity Snake Necklace, $980; Rose Gold Arielle Studs, $398; Glynnis Eternity Band, $1,398; Nora Ring, $430; Nick Ring, $790
Related Posts with Thumbnails