"I Am Love"



Months ago, one of my favorite customers came in, searching for a piece that would fill the lust for gold inspired by "I Am Love." She left with one of my favorite pieces we've ever had, a 22K signet ring set with a pale green ancient intaglio (c. 1st or 2nd century C.E.) by Elisa Solomon. I wish we had a photo of the ring, but we don't, so Leah, if you're reading, please send one our way! Leah urged me to watch "I Am Love" and because I Am a Procrastinator, I've only just now done so. And, because I Am Bossy, I urge you all to do the same.

The place is Milan, clad in a fur of winter fog, with daylight seized in a permanent dusk. Given the weather, we expect a lamenting adagio, instead of which the percussive, excitable score tells of something bracing and afoot. Behind a wall of snow-burdened pines, the Recchi mansion is a busy hive. The aging patriarch of the family, Edoardo (Gabriele Ferzetti), is celebrating his birthday, and the clan has descended to pay homage. There is his wife, the daunting and impeccable Allegra (Marisa Berenson); their son Tancredi (Pippo Delbono), who is married to Emma, and their three children, Edo (Flavio Parenti), Gianluca (Mattia Zaccaro), and Elisabetta, or Betta (Alba Rohrwacher); plus a number of other relatives, and a young beauty by the Dantean name of Eva Ugolini (Diane Fleri), who has come as Edo’s date. Brave girl. -from one of Rony's favorite reviews


Related Posts with Thumbnails